Selling your home? It can be very stressful. Or not.
Regardless of the circumstances, these tips can make selling your home a reason to celebrate rather than a reason to get stressed out.
It doesn’t matter if it is a buyers market or a seller’s market.
It doesn’t matter if you are moving because it is a great opportunity or because you are being forced to.
Selling doesn’t have to be stressful.
Who wants to be ready at a moment’s notice to leave a let a realtor show the house to total strangers?
Who wants to lay awake at night wondering how long it will take, if you will get the price you want or have to take a lot of price reductions?
Who want’s to keep things clean and put away, ALWAYS.
I know, the cat just threw up a fur ball, there are toys everywhere and you have other things to worry about.
But guess what? It does not have to be so bad if you have a good plan, a good team to help you and you are prepared before you list. Then, it should be smooth sailing. A fast sale for the price you want is something to celebrate, not stress over.
Tips for a Stress-Free Sale Before You List
I am sure you know by now that this is a no-brainer. Invest a little. Make a lot.
A stager can help you with all the rest of these tips as well. The fastest way to reduce stress is to be prepared and sell fast for a great price! Let them handle making the appeal to buyers while you get things packed and ready to move.
De-Clutter and Create Space
Your stager can recommend what things to keep out for staging and what to pack up.
- Get rid of things you don’t use and are not moving to your next home.
- Have a garage sale now, NOT after your house is listed. If you do it after listing it gives buyers the sense you are in a hurry to sell and they may make a lower offer.
- Start packing things up for the move and put them in storage. Do not store it in your garage. That space is a selling point buyers are looking for. Let them see it….not a bunch of boxes.
- Donate the things you don’t want and can’t sell to charity.
Create Curb Appeal and Outdoor Living Space
Your stager can recommend what things should be done to the exterior and yard to improve curb appeal.
Typically, this involves doing your yard work, trimming, trees and shrubs, putting everything away, a new welcome mat, and some flowers or art near the door.
Create outdoor living spaces with chairs, tables, and a BBQ grill in a beautiful spot in the yard or on the deck to show the possibilities.
Tips for Stress-Free Sale After You List
- For all showings, keep all lights on so it is light and bright
- Open all the curtains and let the light in.
- Keep the toilet seats down
- Turn off the TV
- Make sure all beds are made, toys put away
- Remove evidence of pets.
- Bathrooms should have only clean towels and all personal items should be out of view and stored in baskets.
- Remove your valuables from sight.
- Create baskets or boxes for daily clutter and toys so you have a place to easily
- Let there be Light- Home Staging by Northern Lights Home Staging and Design.
- Turn off the TV.
- Open windows for fresh air
- Make sure all dishes are done or in the dishwasher.
These tips should help you sell fast and for more, so you can rest easy, sell without too much stress and move on to your next adventure.
Sell Your House Faster and For More
Check out my online home staging services. For in-person consultations or staging, call for a custom quote. Click on the pictures to learn more.
Interested in becoming a home stager? I recommend the Staging Diva Home Staging Training program!